Thursday, October 10, 2013

Peat, Honey, Chicken Thyroid? Not For Me!

My first attempt at a Peat friendly "Dacian Diet" failed miserably after only a few days. Itching and aching all over, I wonder what could have been so bad? Was it the newly introduced honey? Or the rarely before tried, Peatian chicken neck soup? These were the only novelties in the last couple of days and I feel awful.  And dismayed.

This cannot work. Autoimmunity is killing me. Something in my simple diet is just not right anymore.

I have read a lot lately.

I am afraid this entire Peatian trip has to end completely. At least for now. This is not good for me, no matter how hard I try to slant it in my favor and to tailor it to fit my genes and my condition.

I need to go back to what people call "an autoimmune diet". The harshest of all.

Hello again, old friends I had left behind... "The Scientist Formerly Known as Autoimmune Mom", Mickey Trescott? I am ready to follow your advice now... Dr. Michael Maes, formerly practicing in the Netherlands, currently in Bangkok, cited over and over for your seminal work in curing autoimmunity and leaky gut symptoms? I just might look you up one of these days... My team of Medlife doctors? OK... I will submit to the endoscopies and biopsies and all the tests you want to perform.

Milk, my trusted friend, farewell! Honey, you sounded good in theory, but... Millet, I never even knew what you tasted like, but I read that you were anti-thyroid anyway, so no big loss there -- I am glad my ancestors survived you!

Dr. Peat, your advice did not work out for me... First it was the hormones that I did not react well to. I read your books on the subject and I was less than convinced. I read what others experienced, I read all those studies warning against progesterone supplementation and the spell of your scientific writing fell apart... I kept following your dietary advice, but it became harder and harder to maintain my weight on it.  If at least my antibodies titers had improved, but they actually increased, which probably means that dairy is not good for me. As to other pro-thyroid advice you offer: I never believed in NDT for Hashimoto and it appears that even chicken necks are causing my illness to flare.  Anyway, thank you for the insights, at least you made me interrogate many mainstream views.  You cured my fear of sugar and my over-reliance on veggies, and you reinforced my trust in the almighty broth...

I will find the right diet and the right supplementation.

If I have to travel to the Moon to be myself again and if it takes tube feeding and giving up all foods I ever enjoyed in order to achieve this, I shall do whatever it takes! I sampled the best for so long and I took great pleasure in it all, but if going at it means suffering, I am not interested anymore...  I leave those pleasures to those who can experience them without losing their health -- enjoy, y'all!

Food is a pitiful "enemy" or "temptation" in the big scheme of things...

I will not be poisoned...

So...

What is there left to eat? :)



13 comments:

  1. Just a couple of points. Chicken can have irritants in it, they're not very good at processing the toxins in their diet.
    Jello is just about the only thing that will work for my gut issues.

    Also OJ is great if you're having leaky gut issues: Orange juice neutralizes the proinflammatory effect of a high-fat, high-carbohydrate meal ...

    So I have OJ and jello with every meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiran, it is the Glutamin in Jello that fixes the permeability of the gut, right? I read about Dr. Maes' cocktail to that purpose: Glutamin, Zinc, N-Acetyl-Cysteine - I just need to find out the quantities. Supposedly, it would take ten months, combined with a diet exempt of dairy and grains...

    I might keep the OJ as well...

    I was never a big fan of chicken, I dislike the smell of it, but I never reacted to it, either... This was a first for me, so I am thinking it may have been the "neck factor", a novelty I picked up from Peat followers... It is likely that thyroid cell fragments in my blood are not tolerated, my blood is brimming with antibodies to those... Ugly affliction, this Hashimoto's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gelatin is rich in the tripeptide PGP which also has anti-ulcer effects.
    (Proline-Glycine-Proline)
    http://link.springer.com/article/10.1023%2FB%3ABIBU.0000043776.19853.65

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody LOVES Glycine! Kiran, you win, today I put gelatin in my coffee again... I had abandoned the habit... I will add NAC, Zn, Se and Glutamine to OJ, too, to seal and heal. Thank you, :)

      Delete
  4. I can't find a decent study for this, but glycine is supposed to be gut friendly on it's own. Gelatin is rich in glycine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ops, hit the wrong "Reply", please see above,

      Delete
  5. Hi Isadora,

    Have you read Dr. Wentz's new book? She put her Hashimoto's into remission.


    ReplyDelete
  6. And I thought I had read them all! Thank you so much for your recommendation, I will order it ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Isadora, all autoimmunity is caused by the damage done by every inoculation/vaccination according to Patrick Jordan in his book Vaccine Induced Diseases. His website is www.vaccinefraud.com.
    Dr. Rebecca Carley also supports this viewpoint at www.drcarley.com.
    The only really accurate book on the cell is by Dr. Glibert Ling at www.gilbertling.org or www.gilbertling.com.
    The books deal with enforced autoimmunity. I highly recommend these sources before going on a journey to rebalance the immune system. IMO they are the most important publications dealing with health and disease.
    your health and happiness......Mike C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Paul Jaminet is not a Dr. as in medical doctor. He respectably has a PhD but so do professions in many fields. I have a PharmD and closer to a medical doctor than Paul, but no pharmacist goes by Dr.

      Delete
    2. Is is standard etiquette to address anyone with a doctorate (medical or not) as Doctor.

      Delete
  9. I have tried every diet and kept coming back to the PHD, but I could not find a safe starch. Rice caused bloating, potatoes/joint pain, etc. Finally decided fruit for carbs. Then read on 30BADsucks about success with fruit based omnivour (dairy, eggs, fish, organs, nuts/ seeds). Now, found Peat and basically same without the nuts/seeds, plus low FODMAPS. So I put lactaid pills in milk to make lactose free, avoid honey, watermelon, dates, dried fruit, etc. Big Notes: Magnesium citrate powder added to milk for atleast half as much Ca. And regular Epsom salt foot soaks. Something about transdermal delivery sulfate helping methylation cycle in liver/autoimmune. And obviously Vit D above 50 ng/ml with vit k2 as mk4 for reduced autoimmune.

    ReplyDelete