Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Biohackers or Simply Hacks?


“You should know that there’s a different way to live: you can feel delicious, vital, and genuinely content. I’m here to show you that you can live an extraordinary life and that you can feel great—regardless of your age, even if it sounds unlikely or unimaginable.”
(Dr. Sara Gottfried, “The Hormone Cure”, Scribner, 2013)
I would have read such statements with more than a bit of skepticism until a few days ago, when precisely this feeling of vitality and happiness took me by surprise and proved to me more than any book that what I have been experiencing for the past few years were hormonal imbalances.

I will get to the bottom of this and will “biohack” my way into making this glorious feeling permanent, whatever it takes.

I am now sure that my body has not been damaged consistently in any way by any autoimmune disease, that my connective tissues are healthy and that I would be contemplating a second part of my life in perfect health and feeling wonderfully vibrant if only I could find the right paths for my diet and, if need be, dietary supplementation.

I might have caught this at the turning point, where everything goes wrong starting from the most fragile tissues in one’s body: the thyroid gland, perhaps the thymus (more research necessary on this one). And I feel guilty for maybe having brought this upon myself by listening to a bunch of health gurus of the blogosphere: Catherine Shanahan, Mark Sisson, Dr. Jack Kruse, Chris Kresser, etc.

Having been burned once, I will keep a very watchful eye on all the “Ray Peat Practitioners” who write about health and give advice out there. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I am examining their output, their relationships and the complex online marketing system which they are actively building as we speak.

And I am reading as many scientific studies as I can as I go through Dr. Peat’s main theories and advice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment